Monday 19 March 2012

A Happy Mess

Well, I thought I would try this photo for Patti's Visible Monday on her blog: Not Dead Yet Style but it appears I have missed the boat.  Oh well..... 



I titled this post, and its caption, A Happy Mess, because basically, that's what I look like (in my own eyes).  I can see that my fringe (bangs in North America) need a trim, and my belt is a bit askew, and I'm urging Gorgeous Husband to hurry up and take the photo, as he's dashing off to be somewhere else.  All in all, not really "polished".  And you know what, that's just fine with me.  Perfection can wait until tomorrow.

Jacket, shirt:  charity shop
Brown belt:  gift
Black skirt:  so old it can vote
Also a lovely striped T shirt cuffs showing, but not on this photo (drat!)

11 comments:

Vix said...

Don't put yourself down, you look lovely! That blazer is cool and the belt is fab.
Loved your peacock chair story, she sounds like she was a right handful!
xxx

Melanie said...

I love how you chose the denim shirt to go with your pleated skirt and that fantastic blazer. You look wonderful. Oh yes! - it would be really fun to link up if you get back to Vancouver for a visit.

Clara Turbay said...

Refreshing ideas i find here.

Rosemary the Shopper said...

Aw, gee, thanks girls! I didn't really feel like I was putting myself down (just acknowledging that one wasn't as polished as one might want!)

Yes, that peacock chair episode was a bit of a riot. Sorry Melanie and Clara, I'll have to tell you that story in another post. Let's just say it featured in my past.

I'm so happy when people comment on my blog, so big kisses to you all!

Cheers,
Rosemary

The Style Crone said...

'So old it can vote.' I will have to remember that one. I think you look fabulous Rose, and perfectionism can be very tiring!

Unknown said...

I think you are a bit hard with yourself
You should have a stroll im my neighborhood, then you will see that you looked very good that day!

Much love

Ariane xxxx

Unknown said...

LOL Well the operative word is "happy"! I think I'll take happy mess over pissy polished any day! And your "mess" actually looks really good! The color of that blouse suits you and is just beautiful! ~Serene

Rosemary the Shopper said...

Thank you so much everyone for your comments. Honestly, Serene, "pissy polished"! What a hoot... that really made me laugh.

I guess what I meant to say was, "well, here I am, take it or leave it!" I was actually in a good mood, and it was a "grabbed moment." So thanks everyone for your kindness. Big hugs to you all. Isn't it great to be in this cyber-community?

Much love,
Rose

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

When my daughter was quite young, she announced "Perfection is impersonal!". I have to agree, and I think your supposed lack of perfection is what makes you just "perfect!"

Love, Jean
www.drossintogold.com

Rosemary the Shopper said...

Thanks Jean! Imperfection makes me perfect? I love it!

Much love,
R

Anonymous said...

It is plain to see that the elements are all there--it looks like a great choice of belt.