Saturday 26 January 2013

Normality Returns (or as I know normal, at any rate)

Many thanks for the all your support, my blogging buddies, and for reading the fashion horror story in the last post.   As I said, I was unable to post photos for a while due to the computer images and the blog page not talking to each other.  But a nice IT person put a little word in my ear, and since then, viola!  They have kissed and made up and now are friends again. Harmony restored!!

So, it's much too late to talk about Christmas, but here it is anyway.  This is either way, way late for Christmas, or about 11 months early.  This is what I would have posted if I could....


At Liverpool Catherdral, in front of the altar.  The beaded handbag was a gift from Gorgeous Husband, although not this year.

Despite Vintage Vix saying that only 3 people went to church on Christmas, all those 3 must have lived in Liverpool and invited 797 of their friends to the service.  It was packed.

It doesn't really show that well, but I am about 20 pounds (10 kilos) lighter than Christmas 2011's photo.  I didn't exactly diet, but did "encourage" the excess to leave by being a bit more active.

In the run-up to Christmas, I got a delightful order from one of my customers.  He ordered perfume for his wife, and "anything else that would make up a nice Christmas gift" for her, up to a certain value. I volunteered to gift wrap the whole thing, and being a man, he thought that was a great idea.

This is what it looked like:
The products in their "nude" state.  Aloe Purifying Cleanser, Aloe Moisturizing Lotion, Aloe Nourishing Serum, "25th Edition" perfume, and Aloe lip balm with jojoba oil.

This is the products wrapped:

All in silver and white with the angel box containing the lip balm.


Then all of it put in this silver and white gift carrier bag.  It looked like a lovely white frothy confection.

My customer said that his wife was well pleased with the whole thing, and it was a marvellous validation for me that the husband had the confidence that I would produce something lovely.  It was a win-win! (And a nice lucrative order!)

Well, that's it.  No more Christmas photos til December 2013, I promise. 

6 comments:

Vix said...

Beautiful wrapping there, Rosemary, I bet your customer (and his wife) were delighted.
Nice to have you back in the land of blogging. Loved your story in the previous post! x

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

Your giftwrapping is a work of art! Gorgeous. I'm sure the Christmas service was lovely. What a beautiful church!! Congrats on the 20 lbs, by the way. I think they made their way over here, however. You lost and I found. I'm not overly concerned, however. I do this all the time.

Have a lovely week!!

The Style Crone said...

So good to see you back and with gorgeous packages to show. Your gift wrapping is stellar and congratulations on the big sale.

Gorgeous photo of you in the church and looking as beautiful as the last time I saw you. Looking forward to your next post.

Melanie said...

You definitely won that husband some bonus points with his wife with your excellent gift selections and the ever-important wrapping. Well done! I'm glad you met your activity goal too.

No Fear of Fashion said...

This is one of my hobbies, gift wrapping. I can sew, stick, tie using paper, cloth, bows etc. Sometimes the wrapping is more expensive than the present. It is such a greatful hobby. The reaction of the receiver.... pity you could not see the woman's face. You did a marvelous job.

No Fear of Fashion said...

Sorry, I meant "grateful"...