Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Twelve Minute Dash



Last week, Gorgeous Husband and I decided that we would use his day off to go to the seaside.  We would take the train and it would be a jolly day out.  What we did NOT plan on, was oversleeping.  At 8:48 my head was still on my pillow, at 9:00 I was out the door.  This is what I look like when I get ready in 12 minutes.

Because we decided to go on the train to Aberyswyth, on the coast of Wales, we thought it would be nice to go on the train.  He ran ahead and got the tickets and I followed in about 5 minutes.  I got to the train station and NO SIGN OF HIM.  He forgot that I needed my ticket to get through the ticket barrier, so I had to charm my way past the attendents.  It was all a bit of fun, although I did have to promise to go to Aberyswyth with him at some later date!  (The things a girl promises!!)


It was a rather dreary day, a little rainy, but hardly enough to wet the umbrella.  So, we went into the Museum, which had some lovely displays.  I rather liked this lady from the 1940s.  I took another shot of her which showed her suit better, but unfortunately, the flash bounced off her glasses and made her look a bit inhuman, so I decided just to show this photo.

I also quite fancied these hunting outfits.  I think they do look quite dashing.  It reminds me that I have a pattern for a similar jacket, but not sure I have the patience to actually sew it.



2 comments:

No Fear of Fashion said...

haha, twelve minutes... Although your face is not exactly a close-up in this picture, I dare say I would never have made it in 12 minutes. Never. And charming your ways is one of the fun parts of being a woman.
Looking good.

Gabriala Brown said...

Oh, those hunting outfits are so my style! I love the grace and elegance! xoxo