What a fabulous surprise awaited me this morning in my email inbox. Mel, of Bag and a Beret has awarded me a fabuluous Blogger Appreciation Award. She is so delightful, with her ingenius outfits and laugh-out-loud writing style, that I felt truly honoured. Hugs and kisses, ya'all (as my Texan friend Gail would say.)
I'm sorry, I just can't figure out how to do links to other blogs, so to make things accessible to readers, may I just say, go to http://www.stylecrone.com/ and follow Judith's list of "Blogs we love". You will find Bag and a Beret there, as well as other fabulous bloggers. I go there every day, just to see what my cyber-friends are up to. I feel like it's a virtual hug every day!
I am supposed to answer 4 questions, so here we go:
1. How long have you been blogging? (I had to look this up. I couldn't remember. The first post is July 20, 2011, a photo of Gorgeous Husband and I in our Regency costumes. He is a costumed tour guide and takes visitors around a stately home, and tells them the story of the bankruptcy of the family who owned it. I don't know any of the history, so I just fluff my fan at the appropriate times, and say things like, "Oooh, shocking!" or my other line, "The scoundrel!"
2. Why did I start blogging? I suppose I started as a way to show off my dressing up costumes with a wider audience. I wanted to share our adventures in re-enacting Tudor times, the Regency period (1811-1820) and the 40s and World War 2.
3.What type of blogs do I follow? I look at Judith's blog list in http://www.stylecrone.com/ and see who is there. Then I sometimes follow people that those people follow. Bit like unravelling a bit of knitting.
4. What is the one thing that I would like to improve on in my blog? Gosh, there's lots. For the longest time I was only able to post one photo. Couldn't seem to figure out how to progress from that. I would love to have those neat photos down the side of the post. It would be nice to be able to post links. And I would definately join Patti's Visible Monday if I could get that link to work. I like to click on the images on Visible Monday and see if it is someone I am unfamilar with. I really could use some techno-help (preferrably at my elbow when I need it!)
I would like to nominate for a fabulous Blogger Apprecation Award the follow bloggers:
- Idiocyncratic Fashionistas (I so envy the fun they have and their fabulous outfits)
- www. stylecrone.com Judith Boyd's wonderful blog. She writes so beautifully, and dresses so distinctively and with such flair. And to wear a hat every day, you've got to have the courage to follow your own style!
- www.advancedstyle.com Ari Seth Cohen's landmark blog about it's possible to be beautiful and have fun when you are no longer young. He made it possible for so many women "of a certain age" to feel empowered.
- That's a Pretty Hat, Kathleen's lovely blog (also about hat wearing) and how to be "lady-like". Her mother's day entry was a real tear-jerker.
This is my bouquet of roses for winning the award. OK, it isn't really, but ... hey, it's nice to imagine I'm on the red carpet, taking a bow...These roses will feature in the next blog post, to be called "The Other Annivesary"... which is a continuation of the Wedding Anniversary story.