Wednesday 6 June 2012

More Jubilee Images

Many thanks for all your comments on the Queen's Jubilee, which has so dominated the news here in the UK for the past week or so.  I forgot to mention about the Queen lighting the last of 4,200 beacons ignited in her honour throughout the country.  You can see the ceremony (if you're interested) by googling www.bbc.co.uk/jubilee beacon (June 5).   I've read reports of communities coming together to light their beacons on the highest vantage point, and then sponteniously breaking into God Save the Queen.  (I love that!)

Anyway, I thought I would add some more Jubilee photos, and then get off the subject.  Not everyone is as big an Anglophile as me! That's it for celebrations til her next big milestone.

Two lovely young girls in matching tiaras and spankly Union Jack dresses

Shop window with cardboard cutout of Queen Elizabeth

Cake from local cake shop (totally edible!) Yum!

Me about to join the street party

Our Jubilee socks, Gorgeous Husband in blue, me in red  (2 for £1 at Poundland!)

Have more trivia and images, maybe will post more of them later, if people are interested.

9 comments:

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb said...

In our town, Rosemary, the bunting and decorations have been everywhere, and it's pretty much like that in most parts of Devon I've been to lately... so great to see! So glad you've embraced our crazy need to wave flags and plaster the Union Jack on everything ;)

Catherine x
http://notdressedaslamb.com/

Rosemary the Shopper said...

Thanks Catherine. Embraced our need to wave flags? Heck, you couldn't keep me away! I think being an immigrant, I was more British than the British. Lots of people I know were pretty low key about the whole thing -- I thought, what are they waiting for? Her Majesty to be on the throne 120 years? But, I suppose not everyone can get enthused and "into the swing" of things. I think those of us who like dressing up "get" these festive occasions better than people who "never dress up." At least, that's my take on it! Maybe it's too much effort for them.

Cheers,
Rosemary

Melanie said...

I suspect that even those who were not big fans of the Queen joined the party. I'm glad you were able to jump right in and ride the wave. Your next big deal will be the Olympics. You guys will be partied out if that's possible! Did all your red hat ladies wear their hats?

Anonymous said...

Love the socks and the bag! It was so fun walking around before the Jubilee celebrations looking at all the shop windows - every one was trussed up so pretty-ly! :)

Amy Shaughnessy said...

I have loved seeing pictures from the celebration. That cake looked so incredible! I am amazed at what people can make.

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

Kathleen said...

Love all of your photos!

Susan said...

LOVE those Jubilee socks! I tried to order them from Poundland, but you have to shop there in person. I live near NYC, so that's not happening. On to ebay.
I watched the celebration on BBC; you people party like nobody else!

The Style Crone said...

I love the photo of you about to join the street party. You look so happy and vibrant, which is the best that life can be. Thank you for your review of the Jubileee in all its glory.

Sam (Kitty Lady) said...

Loving the twinkly Union Flag dresses - very cute! x