Tuesday 7 August 2012

Turquoise and lime?

I decided to wear my lime green jersey dress to church last Sunday, as it was one of those days that was neither hot nor cold, but something inbetween.  Originally I thought I would wear it with something else, but by happy coincidence, it was hanging next to this turquoise leather jacket, so I went with that.  It seemed to coordinate well with my jazzy green shoes, that I hardly ever wear because after a while they start to bite.


Lime green dress, Karen Millen leather jacket, bangles, all charity shop
Green clutch bag, gift
Green shoes from Cara (outrageous price)

Here we are in the garden centre, not far from church where we go for coffee and cake, and sit outdoors in the gravelled sitting area.  Usually there are 2 friendly and very well fed cats mooching about, but not today.  Just a few eager birds that hop to within a few inches to snatch up crumbs that we fling to them. 

Do love these shoes, but they cost about 4 times the cost of rest of the total outfit. What is a girl to do?!  They make a yearly appearance (or two, if they're good.)




Got Gorgeous Husband to take these photos of the things I want in my garden.  Especially the rustic rose arbour.  Don't think it'll be happening this year though.  Maybe when the "season" is over, and they are marked way, way, way, way down.

Thanks to everyone who sympathized with my swan dive onto the cement in my last post.  The bruise on my chin only lasted a short time, and I'm more of less free of scabs.  The wide leg pants have gone to Vix of Vintage Vixen.  (She knows how to wear them!)

10 comments:

Curtise said...

What a gorgeous colour combination! The shoes are beautiful, Perhaps they are demanding to be worn more, so they soften up a bit! xxxx

That's Not My Age said...

I like the clashing summer brights! Very chic.

Vix said...

Said pants on making their debut today!
Loving the lime green and turquoise, suits you beautifully! I agree with Curtise, wear those fab shoes more often and soften them up! x

Anonymous said...

Lime green is so fresh and summery. You look great in it. And look at those perfect shoes!

Monica - Colour makes people said...

Turquoise and lime, two of my favourite colours, they work very well together. :) I loooove the lime shoes, how cute! Im glad to hear of your fast recovery from that terrible fall.

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

Hello Darling!! When I saw just the title of your post I immediately said YES!!!!! The outfit didn't disappoint. The shoes really are glorious. Maybe you can take them out a little more frequently, just for some air, you know? I saw Vix's post with the pants and it was such fun to see what she did with them and to know they were a gift from you. It made the outfit extra special.

Love you!!

The Style Crone said...

Truly beautiful color combination and the shoes are stunning. You wear this outfit with such class! The pants were perfect for Vix!

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous husband is so patient with the photograph duties! Great guy!

Amber of Butane Anvil said...

Those are amazing shoes! I totally understand why they had to come home with you. :)

Sorry to hear of your tumble - I had a similar chin-bruising once when getting off the bus with arms full, it can be discombobulating. Glad you're okay!

Sue Pinner said...

stunning shoes..love them xx