Tuesday 9 August 2011

A beautiful wedding in an English Country Church


It's a lovely Saturday in August and here I am at the lych-gate of the church Gorgeous Husband and I attend.  I am wearing one of my new hats (all 40 or so hats I have wouldn't do, of course, it had to be this one!) to celebrate the wedding of two young people, Pamela and Andy who we recently have become aquainted with.

Pamela and Andy met in war-torn Afghanistan, while serving in the military, and chose our church for their  ceremony.  It was probably one of the loveliest weddings I have ever been to.  And both Husband and I had roles to play:  he was one of the bell-ringers, and I gave the signal to the bell tower as to when to start and stop ringing.

The entrance to the church.....


The bride and groom leave the church under the arch of military swords.


Everything about the day was lovely, and the bride and groom were so happy and enjoyed themselves.  We both wish them a long and happy married life together. 

Incidentally, the cream dress I wore to their big day was my wedding dress from the civil ceremony 15 years ago.  (It still fits and continues to go to weddings!!)

1 comment:

The Style Crone said...

Your hat is stunning, and how wonderful to be able to wear the dress from your wedding so many years ago. You are beautiful, as is the church in the background.